Vogue Talent Contest 2017
Are you an aspiring writer? Vogue’s annual Talent Contest for Young Writers is one of the most prestigious awards in the industry. It has helped launch the careers of authors, playwrights and poets – as well as members of Vogue’s own staff. So what are we looking for? Journalists with an eye for a good story, who can tell it with originality, wit and structure. The winner will receive £1,000, and the runner-up, £500. If you are under the age of 25 and would like to enter, read on.
PLEASE NOTE, YOU MUST COMPLETE ALL SECTIONS:
1. Write a descriptive interview with a person who is not a member of your family. (800 words)
2. Write a social-observation piece. This can be a cultural review, a commentary on current affairs, or an article about a fashion or beauty trend. (800 words)
3. Pitch three ideas for stories that would be suitable for Vogue. These can be related to the arts, beauty, fashion, a personality, or lifestyle orientated. You should briefly outline the proposal and, if you like, you may include visual prompts. (No more than 200 words each)
Entries must be submitted via email. Please include a photograph of yourself as an attachment, while the main body of the message should list your name, permanent address, telephone number, date of birth and occupation. The judging panel will include Vogue’s editor-in-chief Alexandra Shulman, senior members of the magazine’s staff, and guest judges. Finalists will be invited to a lunch at Vogue, after which the winner will be decided.
CLOSING DATE: Friday, April 7
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY 1. Entrants should not have reached their 25th birthday by January 1, 2017.
2. Entries must be submitted via email, to arrive no later than the closing date, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Copyright of entries belongs to the Condé Nast Publications Ltd.
4. The competition results will be announced in an autumn issue of Vogue and on Vogue.co.uk.
5. In the event of a tie, the prize money will be shared.
6. The editor’s decision is final.